I already lost my target in working life. Nowadays, working is merely my responsibility. I have to commit the tasks that assigned to me. I do not have passion to go further advance. I was not like this few years back. I had career vision, I knew what I want to achieve, I set the target and work hard and smart toward my objective. Well, that was the past.
Now, I lost my motivation, I can not do what I plan to do. At the end of the year, we will have review session with boss, to evaluate the performance of the year, and planning for coming year. For me, the planning still pending as a plan. How come so difficult for me to implement those task? Am I not efficient? Or am I too efficient and need to take up more responsibilities? My interest is to involve myself to explore deeper to my domain knowledge, so that I can know how to improve my current working process, make it better, make it more productive.
I am very tired of my daily routine. It is repeated exercises. Attend more meetings, eg: strategical meeting, discussion, sharing... Sometime, in the meeting, only see managers arguing. Sometime, in the meeting, talks a lot, but end up, no outcome. Sometime in the meeting, there is other small group discussion among peers, 6 person in the room, but 3 different group discussion, where should I be in?? Troubleshooting, support user or developer and most frustrated is to assist our so called "support team"!! sigh..
Too many complains uh.... So, why am I still stay in current company? I think I already lost the desire to pursue career advancement. I am satisfy to secure a job, everyday complete the assigned tasks and meet deadline.
Recently, a buddy gave me some thoughts; I should have to plan for my career. If boss can not promise me anything, then I should plan for myself, if do not have time during office hour, then should use own time after work, plan for some self development or research into domain knowledge. I can not strain myself too much though. I been thru harsh time before, too stress out until doctor gave me sleeping pills and tranquilizer to heal my anxiety.
There is another one month till the end of the year, time to think of what I suppose to have in my career and plan to achieve it.
Now, I lost my motivation, I can not do what I plan to do. At the end of the year, we will have review session with boss, to evaluate the performance of the year, and planning for coming year. For me, the planning still pending as a plan. How come so difficult for me to implement those task? Am I not efficient? Or am I too efficient and need to take up more responsibilities? My interest is to involve myself to explore deeper to my domain knowledge, so that I can know how to improve my current working process, make it better, make it more productive.
I am very tired of my daily routine. It is repeated exercises. Attend more meetings, eg: strategical meeting, discussion, sharing... Sometime, in the meeting, only see managers arguing. Sometime, in the meeting, talks a lot, but end up, no outcome. Sometime in the meeting, there is other small group discussion among peers, 6 person in the room, but 3 different group discussion, where should I be in?? Troubleshooting, support user or developer and most frustrated is to assist our so called "support team"!! sigh..
Too many complains uh.... So, why am I still stay in current company? I think I already lost the desire to pursue career advancement. I am satisfy to secure a job, everyday complete the assigned tasks and meet deadline.
Recently, a buddy gave me some thoughts; I should have to plan for my career. If boss can not promise me anything, then I should plan for myself, if do not have time during office hour, then should use own time after work, plan for some self development or research into domain knowledge. I can not strain myself too much though. I been thru harsh time before, too stress out until doctor gave me sleeping pills and tranquilizer to heal my anxiety.
There is another one month till the end of the year, time to think of what I suppose to have in my career and plan to achieve it.
Comments
maybe find a Job on Street will be higher chance. :P hahaha..
boonho,
what I like to do most? err.. erm... hmm... let me think...