Skip to main content

A Trip to Hong Kong

My sister and I was traveling to Hong Kong on 1~7 April. We booked the Air Asia ticket since last year July, when they were having promotion.

I spent a few days to sort out the photos, adding caption and then upload and share it out. Lots of friends been urging me to share the photos since I back here.

Expecting me to write more about my trip??? No... Let's the photos tell the story.. hee... 7 days of trip, I don't think u will like to read a lengthy essay about it. :P (ok ok... I admit, I am lazy to blog about it.)

Click here for my photo album.

A Symphony of Lights show (幻彩咏香江)
This is the photo that I like the most. With the tripod, I managed to capture it clearly. ;)

The expenses of the trip was around RM3.2k for me. I think my sister spent more, she bought more stuffs during shopping. :P

I miss Hong Kong food, especially the wantan, drooling when thinking about it. I think I will go to Hong Kong again, for shopping and eating trip.. heehee.. anyone with me? :D

My itinerary:

Day 0 - depart to KL
Take flight from Penang to KL, to meet up with my sister. My flight was delayed, luckily I checked in earlier, I been changed to earlier flight, but it was 50 minutes later than my original flight, but better than wait for original flight la.

Our flight is from KL to Macau. We stayed one night at LCCT Tune Hotel, so that the next day no need to wake up too early to travel from KL to airport. The room is quite nice, but surrounding is too noisy, maybe is next to airport. I can not have a good sleep, even though I put on ear plug to eliminate most of the noise. Maybe I was too excited. hahaha..

Day 1 - depart to Macau
Once reached Macau, we took the ferry to Hong Kong. It was one hour ride, very bumpy cause of windy weather. After having lunch at the shopping complex nearby the ferry terminal, we took taxi to the hostel. First impression of the food, wow.. nice.. or maybe we were too hungry. I don't like the traffic there, the road is narrow, lots of cars, buses (double decker buses). I was surrounding by tall building, crowded vehicles, people... gosh.. felt stressful. :s

The hostel, oh.. so small, but expected as we opt for budget stay. I found this hostel from the web, a few traveling website rated it at top ranking. Staying at Mongkok is very convenience, near to MRT, easy to reach shopping area and food hunting, within walking distance.

Visited places:
1) 星光大道 Avenue of Stars
2) 幻彩咏香江 A Symphony of Lights show

Day 2 - The Peak
As usual, I woke up every early in the morning. Sister still sleep like a baby. I checked out the news and weather on TV. erm.. windy weather, will be cooling day.

We were shopping at Ladies Market, lots of stalls and lots of people. Yeah.. we did spend hundreds of dollar here. :P

The night at The Peak, the wind was very strong, I spent a little time at Sky Terrace to snapshot few photos, then escaped to indoor, freezing out there.

Visited places:
1) 黄大仙 Wong Tai Sin Temple
2) Snoopy World
3) 女人街 Ladies Market
4) 湾仔金紫荆广场 Golden Bauhinia Square
5) 太平山顶 The Peak
6) 杜莎夫人蜡像馆 Madame Tussauds Wax Museum

Day 3 - Ocean Park
I was not feeling well, caught fever. I took panadol in the morning, a bit blur, not in good state to enjoy those exciting ride, just tried couples of them.

Spent most time at panda center. We were there waiting for the panda to come nearer to us, so that we can take photos. :)

We skipped Lan Kwai Fong and Soho, tired already and both of us not like clubbing, so those 2 places do not have much attraction to us. :)

Visited places:
1) 海洋公园Ocean Park

Day 4 - Lantau Island
Ching Ming is public holiday in Hong Kong. Can see lots of people everywhere. At Lantau Island, you must try their vegetarian meal, very nice.

Don't miss the shopping complex just beside the MRT station, all kind of outlet store there... Nike, Adidas, Timberland, Esprit and lots more.

Tsing Ma Bridge, not worth going. Nothing much and the place is isolated, only have one bus every hour. I won't spend more than 10 minutes there. We were waited for taxi for 30 minutes. :( Hard to get taxi too.

Back to hostel, still quite early, yeah.. we went for shopping at Mongkok again. :P This time targeted on sport stores.

Visited places:
1) 大屿山 Lantau Island
2) 昂坪360缆车 Ngong Ping 360
3) 大佛 Giant Buddha
4) 青马大桥 Tsing Ma Bridge

Day 5 - Disneyland
Back to childhood memories. :) Weather was so hot. They will have firework at night, but we left at around 4pm, don't want to stay too late there, don't know what else to do.

Back to hostel, and have final shopping.. hee..

Visited places:
1) 香港迪士尼乐园 Hong Kong Disneyland

Day 6 - Macau
We went to Macau city center, the Senado Square, you can get all famous local food there. :P Yea.. we bought some biscuits and cookies. I love the steam milk very much. I will miss it a lot.

Nothing much in Macau, unless you like gambling. :)

Visited places:
1) 议事亭前地 Senado Square
2) 大三巴牌坊 Ruins of St. Paul's
3) 渔人码头 Macau Fisherman's Wharf (24 hours

Day 7 - Back home
Having complimentary buffet breakfast at hotel.. nice meal, eastern and western style. I ate a lot.. haha.. ;)

Back to LCCT, I need to wait for another 2 hours, for my flight back to Penang. Aiyo, the flight delayed again, for about 45 minutes. :(

Total cost: RM3200.
Hahaha.. less than what I had expected :P Can save some for next trip... yeah.. Bali trip in June. hehehe..

Comments

Your Buddy said…
I hope you had a nice trip and thanks for the wonderful gift you bought me. I will use it very often and think of you everytime I use it.
Amanda said…
hey buddy,
glad to hear that u like the gift. :) U can think of me too, even u not using it... heehee...

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting for Specialist

I had a follow up medical check up of my thyroid symptom. The blood report is good. :) Previous visit to the hospital, I had spent 5 hours there for doctor consultation. This time break the record, 6 hours!!! I was in the hospital at 7.30am. The registration was started at 7am, I thought I was pretty earlier, but after I got my number, the registrar told me, my estimated time of consultation was 11:55am... oh no, have to wait so long... again???!!! Sigh... I went to their cafeteria to have breakfast. They serve vegetarian food only. I had porridge and soya bean milk, light breakfast, so that I won't fill too stuffy when sit and waiting. Read newspaper to pass my time. Buddy called me at 10.30am... haha.. just about time, I was so bored, we went for Lor Mee at Burmah Road, inside Kedai Kopi Hai Beng . The serving was fast, within 3 minutes after order. :P Or maybe at that moment, not many customer. Buddy was very tempted to try this Lor Mee few weeks ago, finally we had it. You can...

Weakening

Why I always have endless tasks on hands? One haven't done, boss assigned another one. And the next day, assigned a new task again, seems like he forgot I still have non completed assignment. :( Oh ya hor.. He recalled, "never mind, that one can wait, do this first." Oh oh.. I hate that excuse. Wait wait wait... eventually, I need to complete them somehow. The longer the time, the more tasks accumulate. He never consider how many effort I needed to complete the task, always think I can do magic, all task can be completed by fingers click. I extended my working hours, try to complete the assignment by the end of the day. Everyday, I will have to deal with many unexpected issues, if I do not solve them within a day, the next day might have new issues, and next and next.... arghhhhh.... headache.... I am so tired, I feel so weak, mentally and emotionally weak. Recently, people around me keep on telling me that I look so pale. I think I really look terrible. I know...

太委屈

工作受委屈了,心情低落到谷底。在办公室强忍着泪水,把手头上的案子都处理好后,已经快九点钟了。开着车,终于崩溃了,一路哭着回家,一直哭到深夜。没好睡,隔天起身,心情还无法平复。回老家的路上,泪水还是断断续续的。 一朝得志,就忘恩忘本。上司曾经走过我现在这个阶段的路,但他似乎已经忘了这工作程序,竟然质疑我的能力,认为我不尽责。火爆了,别人可能不了解,但他是过来人,竟然不了解我的工作制度!!! 我不知道我还可以撑多久。。。 回老家,有家人在身边,感觉好多了。虽然,我不会对父母提起工作的委屈,但,有家人在身边,我不会觉得孤独。