Got an assignment from boss. As usual, simple and brief statement (is statement, instead of instruction, because, it was too brief for me to understand what to do). I tried to get more detail from him personally. Too bad, I was not able to get much either. He was so busy, on call, or meeting at somewhere else...
Hmm... This is what I can do, I composed a mail, stated what is the purpose, roughly write in what I can understand from my boss (seriously.. very rough idea), need feedback from project team leads. I was not been included in their mailing loop, neither I was in their discussion, I do not have their meeting minutes , I am doubt if they have it. Then I attached the historical mail, which was forwarded to me by boss. It's actually do not have complete discussion in this historical mail, I get to know this when I asked my boss what is this about. "oh.. this is not the way, it should be the other way, as what we had discussion.... bla bla... ". Then, why forward me the mail that given non appropriate information??? How would I know it's correct or not as I was not in their discussion? I not able to write any specific info in the mail, so, include boss in the mailing list, get him to add in more info that I might missed out.
Haha.. as expected, the leads got concerns and questions. The mail flying here and there, all answered by boss. I will not able to answer those doubts. He got the detail, but he did not provide sufficient info at the first place. And he like this kind of communication... long mailing session. :s By the time I shutdown computer today, there were few more questions, the session will continue till next week...
This is not my working style. If want to assign the task to other, at least provide the info that sufficient for other to understand the task, or provide instruction. If can provide necessary info at the first place, no need to spend more time for Q&A session in mailing loop. Insufficient info cause inefficient at work.
Hmm... This is what I can do, I composed a mail, stated what is the purpose, roughly write in what I can understand from my boss (seriously.. very rough idea), need feedback from project team leads. I was not been included in their mailing loop, neither I was in their discussion, I do not have their meeting minutes , I am doubt if they have it. Then I attached the historical mail, which was forwarded to me by boss. It's actually do not have complete discussion in this historical mail, I get to know this when I asked my boss what is this about. "oh.. this is not the way, it should be the other way, as what we had discussion.... bla bla... ". Then, why forward me the mail that given non appropriate information??? How would I know it's correct or not as I was not in their discussion? I not able to write any specific info in the mail, so, include boss in the mailing list, get him to add in more info that I might missed out.
Haha.. as expected, the leads got concerns and questions. The mail flying here and there, all answered by boss. I will not able to answer those doubts. He got the detail, but he did not provide sufficient info at the first place. And he like this kind of communication... long mailing session. :s By the time I shutdown computer today, there were few more questions, the session will continue till next week...
This is not my working style. If want to assign the task to other, at least provide the info that sufficient for other to understand the task, or provide instruction. If can provide necessary info at the first place, no need to spend more time for Q&A session in mailing loop. Insufficient info cause inefficient at work.
Comments