The most excited thing to do during Raya holiday trip was EAT EAT EAT!!! This was a truly fruitful... err... should be "food full" holiday for me.. haha... :P I need to on diet for the rest of the MONTH, go to gym more often, to get rid of all EXTRA weight.
Holiday eve
The food hunting started on Raya eve, Tuesday night. I was having steamboat buffet with my buddy at Golden BBQ Steamboat at Nagore Street. We were lucky to be there earlier, 10 minutes after we were seated, the place was getting crowded. I think it was because raining day and holiday eve, lots of people dining there, the restaurant was warm. :P The "main course" of the night was the prawns. I not sure if we had about 1 kg or more of prawn that night hee... My buddy was very kind to remove the shell before put into the soup, the prawn tasted nice in tom yam soup. When I saw the left over of prawn shell, I told my buddy that we can put all the shell into soup to cook hokkien prawn mee. haha... Can imagine how many prawns we ate? I was too full, skip the dessert, walked around Nagore Street before drove home.
Day1
On Wednesday, I was driving down to KL with my family and friends. We exited at Ipoh to have our breakfast. Initially, we were trying to get Foh San dim sum, but by the time we reached there, the place was super crowded. :( Many people was waiting outside the restaurant. We do not want to queue, gave up the famous and highly recommended dim sum at Ipoh. :( We went for another option, the famous tauge chicken rice at Restoran Lou Wong Tauge Ayam KueTiau. They open business at 10.30am. We were there at 10.20am, the place was almost full of people, waiting for them to start the business. Finally, the stove was on heat at 11am. Although we waited for quite some times, but their service was quite fast once they start their serving. Yeah.. all of us satisfy with the food. Well, the street has so many famous Ipoh food, we won't let go the chance to hunt for more. We bought some local biscuits / snacks from Yee Thye Biscuit Shop. Soya bean milk from Funny Mountain served as my dessert. ;) Okie, done for Ipoh, we continued our journey to KL.
Holiday eve
The food hunting started on Raya eve, Tuesday night. I was having steamboat buffet with my buddy at Golden BBQ Steamboat at Nagore Street. We were lucky to be there earlier, 10 minutes after we were seated, the place was getting crowded. I think it was because raining day and holiday eve, lots of people dining there, the restaurant was warm. :P The "main course" of the night was the prawns. I not sure if we had about 1 kg or more of prawn that night hee... My buddy was very kind to remove the shell before put into the soup, the prawn tasted nice in tom yam soup. When I saw the left over of prawn shell, I told my buddy that we can put all the shell into soup to cook hokkien prawn mee. haha... Can imagine how many prawns we ate? I was too full, skip the dessert, walked around Nagore Street before drove home.
Day1
On Wednesday, I was driving down to KL with my family and friends. We exited at Ipoh to have our breakfast. Initially, we were trying to get Foh San dim sum, but by the time we reached there, the place was super crowded. :( Many people was waiting outside the restaurant. We do not want to queue, gave up the famous and highly recommended dim sum at Ipoh. :( We went for another option, the famous tauge chicken rice at Restoran Lou Wong Tauge Ayam KueTiau. They open business at 10.30am. We were there at 10.20am, the place was almost full of people, waiting for them to start the business. Finally, the stove was on heat at 11am. Although we waited for quite some times, but their service was quite fast once they start their serving. Yeah.. all of us satisfy with the food. Well, the street has so many famous Ipoh food, we won't let go the chance to hunt for more. We bought some local biscuits / snacks from Yee Thye Biscuit Shop. Soya bean milk from Funny Mountain served as my dessert. ;) Okie, done for Ipoh, we continued our journey to KL.
food of Ipoh

We hang around at Mid Valley, and had our dinner at Madam Kwan's. It was dinner time, we waited for around 20 minutes to be seated. The restaurant has delightful ambiance, nice service and the most important, the food is taste good too. They served the food very fast and in big portion. I had the nasi lemak, not very spicy, the rice is rich of aroma of coconut milk. My mum ordered nasi bojari. The portion really too much for one person, erm.. for girl. :P This one is plentiful, it consists of deep fried chicken, rendang beef and assam prawn.
Madam Kwan's @ Mid Valley

Day2
Friends were hunger for bak kut teh, so the lunch was at Restauran Klang Delicious Bak Kut Teh. The pot costs RM50. The soup does not have heavy taste of herbal, it will be a bit disappointed if you like the kao kao taste. . The side dishes were seafood taufu and fried spring rolls. This is not the most famous bak kut teh in Klang, but very easy to spot after exit from highway to Batu Tiga.
Friends were hunger for bak kut teh, so the lunch was at Restauran Klang Delicious Bak Kut Teh. The pot costs RM50. The soup does not have heavy taste of herbal, it will be a bit disappointed if you like the kao kao taste. . The side dishes were seafood taufu and fried spring rolls. This is not the most famous bak kut teh in Klang, but very easy to spot after exit from highway to Batu Tiga.
Klang Delicious Bak Kut Teh - 凤娇瓦煲肉骨茶

Our dinner was at Restoran Ipoh Road Yong Tow Foo, Kepong. It is nearby my brother's house. I think my brother must be familiar with the restaurant. He filled in the order form promptly, do not miss out anything that taste good. Wow!! The gravy is great and they are very generous to refill for us. You should not miss the fung chao (chicken feet), it is pretty nice to be served as appetiser, the sours' will lure your appetite. The crispy fried sui kao is another must try item.
Restoran Ipoh Road Yong Tow Foo @ Kepong

Day3
Time to leave KL. On the way back, we dropped by Bukit Tambun, enjoyed the seafood dinner at Gee Seng Seafood. I love the steam fish and tomyam prawn. The fish meat is fresh and thick, it was RM68 for a single dish, the most expensive dish of the meal. The tomyam is very sticky and sour, I kept on drink the soup till I felt I'm stomach felt uncomfortable cause by the sours. My uncle ordered some weird dishes. hee.. the octopus and "ci luo" (刺螺). The plain boiled octopos looks ugly, but is tender and taste good to eat with sambal.
Time to leave KL. On the way back, we dropped by Bukit Tambun, enjoyed the seafood dinner at Gee Seng Seafood. I love the steam fish and tomyam prawn. The fish meat is fresh and thick, it was RM68 for a single dish, the most expensive dish of the meal. The tomyam is very sticky and sour, I kept on drink the soup till I felt I'm stomach felt uncomfortable cause by the sours. My uncle ordered some weird dishes. hee.. the octopus and "ci luo" (刺螺). The plain boiled octopos looks ugly, but is tender and taste good to eat with sambal.
Gee Seng Seafood

OK, that's it. The end of my food hunting trip. :P haha.. eat a lot and no need to pay, the bill was on my dad... wahaha.. Time to on diet, will go to gym more often!!
Comments