Not to be surprise to see the dishes for my family reunion dinner, hahaha.. too much for a family of 6 persons uh... Every year, I will mumble to my mum, the dishes are enough for 20 persons, why need to eat all the stuff during CNY? Aren't the dishes can be cooked at normal day??. :s Well, we will having almost the same dishes, from reunion dinner till 2nd CNY!! FULL!!!
CNY eve was a very busy day. Mum need to pray and cook. Of course, 2 filial daughters are good assistants. hahaha.. Sister helped on praying, and I was cooking. heehee... But, mum will tasted the food before I done, cause she know my cooking will be tasteless, no MSG, less salt, my family won't buy it. So, she will add in salt, sugar, bla bla.. and MSG, which I insisted not to add, but she win. :( I psycho her for so many years, this year got improvement already, she only added MSG to the soup.
I was eating while cooking too.. wahaha.. Cooked till almost 3pm.. done and I was fulled. :D I did not each much at night, soup was my main course, and I had already enjoy the food during cooking. hahaha... Reunion dinner mah, must be sitting together, even though not really eating.
CNY eve was a very busy day. Mum need to pray and cook. Of course, 2 filial daughters are good assistants. hahaha.. Sister helped on praying, and I was cooking. heehee... But, mum will tasted the food before I done, cause she know my cooking will be tasteless, no MSG, less salt, my family won't buy it. So, she will add in salt, sugar, bla bla.. and MSG, which I insisted not to add, but she win. :( I psycho her for so many years, this year got improvement already, she only added MSG to the soup.
I was eating while cooking too.. wahaha.. Cooked till almost 3pm.. done and I was fulled. :D I did not each much at night, soup was my main course, and I had already enjoy the food during cooking. hahaha... Reunion dinner mah, must be sitting together, even though not really eating.
Sea cucumber + mushroom + pork knuckle
Lo bak, fried it, then done. Mum already rolled it previous day.
Chinese leek (蒜苗) + sea cucumber
Roasted duck, this one was bought.
Arrow head
chicken
Mixed veges, most colorful dishes. :)
Tom yam prawn
Kiu nyuk (扣肉)
There were some other foods that not in picture, soup, fish… And shark fin soup was served on 1st CNY. On the table in living room, there were so many crackers, cookies and kuih, 90% home made by my mum. :P Last time, I used to help her, but after I stayed outside, seldom do so.
Well, glad to have a tasteful and peaceful dinner. :) I do hope can spend less for CNY, especially the food, too much for my family. Everyone eating and belching, this is not a healthy habit. I told her, if she prepared less, we will definitely eat less, but won’t be starve lo.. but she worried we not enough food to eat. Need more time to psycho her about this.
Comments