CNY Cultural & Heritage Celebration 2009 (己丑旺牛迎新春街头庙会大团拜) held on 7th day of CNY. Buddy and I was there around 7pm, wow.. so many people, crowded. This year, the area been setup according to Chinese 5 main native places: Hakka City, Hokkien City, Canton City, Hainan City and Teochew City. This was different theme from year 2008 carnival, they setup according to Chinese event, eg: cheng ming, mid-autumn...
I came to Hakka City first. I am Hakka, the exhibition did provide lots of Hakka cultural detail, regarding the events, foods, buildings and celebrities too.. hee...
When came to Hainan City, there were lots of tradition recipes, I snapshot most of them, for my mum reference. She is Hainan, but seldom cooks those dishes. :P
I came to Hakka City first. I am Hakka, the exhibition did provide lots of Hakka cultural detail, regarding the events, foods, buildings and celebrities too.. hee...
When came to Hainan City, there were lots of tradition recipes, I snapshot most of them, for my mum reference. She is Hainan, but seldom cooks those dishes. :P
Hakka moi go to Hakka City - 客家妹进城
Hakka celebrities
We met CM Lim Guan Eng. He really a Penang Idol, everyone try to take photos of him, ya ya.. me too. :P Wherever he was, the spot suddenly became extremely crowded, hardly move an inch.
Many exhibitions and performances, foods, and fireworks at mid night, but we did not stay till that late.
Many exhibitions and performances, foods, and fireworks at mid night, but we did not stay till that late.
antiques
We left around 9.30pm, having dinner at Carnavon Street, the famous Hokkien Char, at Kedai Kopi Hwa Lam. The noodle is served in a bowl, they very generous with the gravy though. The noodle in dark gravy not looks like tasty at first sight. Hey, don't be fool by its outlook. After you added the vinegar and sambal, its become really good, sourish and spicy. The sambal not very spicy, but I am sweating like nobody business, maybe the noodle still hot. Buddy teased me, said I put too much sambal. Well, you can top up the vinegar and sambal as much as you like, so, I mixed them to fulfill my taste bud and end up I was sweating wet. :P
big bowl of hokkien char
~~ more photos ~~
Comments