Skip to main content

Rest and Relax @ Bali

The trip to Bali was rest and relax. 5D4N trip from 17 ~ 21 June. No hassle of rushing, a group of 7 of us, hire a van with driver and tour guide, then we were on the move. The daily activities started around 9 or 9.30am and end after dinner. The dinner quite early though, 6 or 7pm. After daily touring, we had lots of time to rest and have a good sleep. We stayed at a 3 stars hotel, in a tourism spot. Along the street, lots of pubs / clubs. I am not into the night life, not really fancy of it. So, at night, will be in the room watching TV show, HBO or AXN. :D

Bali is an island that has fascinating cultures, beaches and a lot more. The food is not bad, especially the chili sauce, you might get some surprises of it spiciness!!! hehee.. Lots of Balinese style building, at first, we thought they are temple.s Tour guide explained that the wealthy land lord will have that kind of house, the entrance similar to entrance of temple. Cool!!

Road in Bali is very narrow, the motorcycle is a very popular transport. The first day, we were on the road after working hours. That was the time when we see sooo... many motorcycles on the road. The driving skill of driver is good, he managed to get us out from the jam. :P

I do not have much time to plan for this free and easy trip. Fortunately a friend operate the travel agency of Bali, easier for me to just book the package from her, Best Travel Holiday.

My itinerary:

Day 0 - Penang to KL
Take flight from Penang to KL the night before departure to Bali, as the flight is from KL to Denpasar. Actually, the departure time to Denpasar had been rescheduled, to later time. But I already booked my ticket from Penang to KL before AirAsia re-time the flight, else, I do not need to stay over night in KL, I can take the earliest flight from Penang, able to connect to next flight to Denpasar on the same day. :( From LCCT to town is very costly and time consuming though.

Day 1 - KL to Denpasar
3 hours flight from KL to Denpasar, by the time we touched down at Denpasar Ngurah Rai International Airport, it was around 3pm. The airport was very crowded, a few flights arrived at the same time. We met the tour guide and heading for "lunch", at 4pm. :P

We were the only customer in the restaurant. Who going to have lunch at 4pm? :P Wow... 8 dishes for the meal. We were so surprise, so many dishes??!! I can foresee I will gain lots of weight after 5 days in Bali. :s Indeed, I gained 2kg!! The 2kg still with me, after back from Bali for a week. sob sob..

We check-in at the hotel, and had some refreshment, then heading to Uluwatu Temple, located on the edge of the cliff. There is huge gang of monkeys scattered everywhere. BE CAREFUL of the monkeys, they are trained to snatch belongings of tourists. If you are the unlucky one, you need to pay to get your things back. The sunset is very early, around 6pm, the sky already getting dark. We did not stay long there.

the wave is amazing, huge and high.

We went to Jimbaran Bay for dinner. Oh no.. It was just 2 hours ++ after our lunch, so soon to have dinner??!! We had grilled seafood dinner at seaside, chilling sea breeze, live band and performance.

Back to hotel, still early, and too full. We walked down the street, a long stretch of pubs and clubs, souvenir shops, local product,s water sport's equipments and etc. This is the tourism spot, and very near to the first bombing spot, back to year 2002. I like the pub there, open air, no loud disco music, can sit there, chatting and relax. But I am not fancy of alcohol and night life, so, not opt to spend time there. :P

Back to room. My room facing the hotel's restaurant, there was life band performance. Good night songs for us. :D I was too tired, put on my ear plugs, asleep.

Day 2 - Kintamani
Taking breakfast at hotel. Asian and Western styles, not many choices. We will have our breakfast for next 4 days here. :(

First stop at Batubulan, to see culture performance, Barong Dance, 1 hour. SUPERB.. boring!!! Skip this!! Heard other friend said, Kecak Dance is better.

On the way, we stopped by Celuk, the Balinese silver work village and Ubud, famous of painting. Sister bought a painting for new house, I shared half of the cost, as a gift for her. :) How much?? 400,000... Rupiah la.. hehee.. around RM140++.

Tegalalang Rice Terrace suppose to be amazing, I think. Too bad, we only see the field without paddy, its harvest season. Anyway, we took some photos too. The villagers will approached tourists to sell their handicrafts. Tour guide advised us not to buy from them, as they will cheat, by replace the bad quality stuff during packing. We not show any interested on the goods whenever we out from van.

Tegalalang Rice Terrace

Lunch at Mount Batur, an ACTIVE volcano. Weather is cooling. We were in the restaurant, with the view of volcano and Lake Batur. Having lunch and enjoy the scenic mountain view. The food is not as good as friend illustrated, I was doubt if friend visit the same restaurant? Or maybe the other restaurant. We can see there is another restaurant, which was very crowded. hhmm...

Mount Batur & Lake Batur

Stop by a center of local product, lots of variety, wood craft, souvenirs, cloths, Bali coffee..

Proceed to Tampak Siring Holy Spring Water Temple. If you want, you can bath in the water, tour guide recommended us to drink the water, err.. my stomach not feeling good after drink it, but the rest seems no problem. It is still safe to drink la. :P

holy water, can take bath here and the water can be drink too.

Day 3 - Bedugul
An amazing day, visited few places, so charming, so pretty, so.... GREAT!!

Taman Ayun Temple, a royal temple. It has a big landscape garden. So green!! There are lots of pagoda in the temple.

garden of Taman Ayun Temple

pagoda

Ulundanu Temple, at the shores of Lake Beratan. Cool atmosphere, beautiful lake and mountain view. A couple was taking wedding photos there. :D Cooling breeze, but still very hot under the big sun.

Ulundanu Temple

Tanah Lot Temple, DON'T YOU EVER MISS THIS PLACE. It has a spectacular view of sunset. The temple is accessible during low tide, but we were not go into there. I took lots of photos here. Despite the hot sunny day, I was scouting around to take photos. The tour guide was very helpful, he brought us to the good spot that have nice view.

On the rock, I was waiting for quite some time, to take photos of splashing waves. I not sure what happen to the rest of the gang, not seen them around me, thought of asking someone help me take photos... sigh... I did take lots of photos too, with other tourists in the shoot. :)

sunset at Tanah Lot Temple

We visited so many temples.. haha.. Bali is very famous for it's temples uh..

Day 4 - Tanjung Benoa
We went to turtle island, from Tanjung Benoa. Original plan was having some water sports. But all of us do not want to play, so changed a bit, go to turtle island, gave some touch on animals. :D

turtle and me

Shopping.. buying some local food, souvenirs, handicrafts...

SPA.. don't miss this too. Last day in Bali, have a good relaxing SPA, what a fabulous vacation. ;)

Cost:
1) Flight KUL-DPS: RM 310
2) Tour package: RM 735
- Inlcude hotels for 4 nights, 4 breakfast, 4 lunch, 4 dinners, all entrance fees, transportation (airport transfer), 3.5 days tour

A great and relaxing trip. ~~ More photos here ~~


Comments

Leopard said…
Uluwatu Temple is really very beautiful.. must plan for it dy :P
Amanda said…
yaya.. Matta Fair at Pisa started tomorrow, should able to grab good deal.. in this flu season. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting for Specialist

I had a follow up medical check up of my thyroid symptom. The blood report is good. :) Previous visit to the hospital, I had spent 5 hours there for doctor consultation. This time break the record, 6 hours!!! I was in the hospital at 7.30am. The registration was started at 7am, I thought I was pretty earlier, but after I got my number, the registrar told me, my estimated time of consultation was 11:55am... oh no, have to wait so long... again???!!! Sigh... I went to their cafeteria to have breakfast. They serve vegetarian food only. I had porridge and soya bean milk, light breakfast, so that I won't fill too stuffy when sit and waiting. Read newspaper to pass my time. Buddy called me at 10.30am... haha.. just about time, I was so bored, we went for Lor Mee at Burmah Road, inside Kedai Kopi Hai Beng . The serving was fast, within 3 minutes after order. :P Or maybe at that moment, not many customer. Buddy was very tempted to try this Lor Mee few weeks ago, finally we had it. You can...

Weakening

Why I always have endless tasks on hands? One haven't done, boss assigned another one. And the next day, assigned a new task again, seems like he forgot I still have non completed assignment. :( Oh ya hor.. He recalled, "never mind, that one can wait, do this first." Oh oh.. I hate that excuse. Wait wait wait... eventually, I need to complete them somehow. The longer the time, the more tasks accumulate. He never consider how many effort I needed to complete the task, always think I can do magic, all task can be completed by fingers click. I extended my working hours, try to complete the assignment by the end of the day. Everyday, I will have to deal with many unexpected issues, if I do not solve them within a day, the next day might have new issues, and next and next.... arghhhhh.... headache.... I am so tired, I feel so weak, mentally and emotionally weak. Recently, people around me keep on telling me that I look so pale. I think I really look terrible. I know...

太委屈

工作受委屈了,心情低落到谷底。在办公室强忍着泪水,把手头上的案子都处理好后,已经快九点钟了。开着车,终于崩溃了,一路哭着回家,一直哭到深夜。没好睡,隔天起身,心情还无法平复。回老家的路上,泪水还是断断续续的。 一朝得志,就忘恩忘本。上司曾经走过我现在这个阶段的路,但他似乎已经忘了这工作程序,竟然质疑我的能力,认为我不尽责。火爆了,别人可能不了解,但他是过来人,竟然不了解我的工作制度!!! 我不知道我还可以撑多久。。。 回老家,有家人在身边,感觉好多了。虽然,我不会对父母提起工作的委屈,但,有家人在身边,我不会觉得孤独。