Defect:
My laptop not able to write to class 4 SD card, which I use in my DSLR.
Attempt #1:
Sent my laptop to customer service, technician decided to change the motherboard. Reason given, the SD card slot is resided within motherboard. Call me 2 weeks later, to collect it. I tested on the spot, problem not solved. But the task form been filled as tested OK? I questioned the technician, he gave me the answer said the laptop is come with this spec, can not write to class 4 SD card, nothing he can do. :s And asked me to try it on another same model's machine. Weird, I thought this thing suppose to be handle by this center? Where should I go to find the same model to test it out?? Speechless... I still can bear with this defect, cause I can write to my SD card using other computer.
Attempt #2:
Couple of weeks later, front desk officer called me, asked for feedback and rating regarding previous service. Of course I was not satisfied, didn't solve my problem, except I got a new motherboard. So, he requested me to send in my laptop again, as there was a senior technician on site during that week. So, the senior technician tested my SD card on another laptop, which is same model. Good, able to write to my SD card. So, conclusion given by first technician is not valid at all, it has nothing to do with the spec.
This time, technician suggested to format my hard disk, suspect OS problem. Oh no, can not, I haven't back up my data. She is quite generous, gave me another option: order a new hard disk for me, then after fix the problem, I can copy my data from old hard disk to new one. :)
A week later, I went to collect my laptop... guess what... problem NOT solved!!!!
Attempt #3:
I left my class 4 SD card, for them to test it again. This time, I was told that need to replace SD card slot. Huh?! During first visit, I been informed that the slot resided within motherboard. How come this time can replace it?? Very confusing!
Collected my laptop 1 week later. Finally, problem solved. I requested to have my old hard disk back, very lazy to re-install everything.
A bad experience. Other than troubleshooting skill is so weak, they also lack of communication with customer. I was been informed by front desk, that technician will call me to clarify the thing before fixing it. The call never come. I called the center to check status, every time said will call me back, again the call never come. I was anxious cause the due date they promised me had passed, and I can't contact them to get status. sigh...
Luckily my laptop is still under warranty, all services are FOC. So now, the defect is fixed and I have new motherboard. Hopefully no need to deal with this situation again.
Comments